crouck

crouck

Bound by Pleasure - Anitra Lynn McLeod Well... I don't know. It made me wonder if the author has parents, or rather anybody she would miss if suddenly taken away from them? It's like she concedes the ridiculousness of someone accepting such a fate by having throwaway lines about missing his mother, but knowing she'll be ok. Same with Hunter's friend Dalton: in the beginning he has a logical fear that Dalton is somewhere miserable, but that fear literally lasts one sentence and then Hunter is off to happily accept his slavehood. When he does think of Dalton (his best friend! The person he was speaking to right up until he left earth!) it was another throwaway line about "knowing" Dalton could take care of himself. But really, how could he know that?

It makes me worry for the humans in this series, worry about their ability for compassion and their ability for rational thought. What if Hunter wasn't the solution Kian was looking for? Then Kian would have no qualms with selling Hunter off. I saw the hint that Eoaens are doing this with a purpose, but ... That honestly just sounds dumb. If there's a purpose, then use communication. Hunter's parents have to live the rest of their lives having no idea what happened to their son. When I said compassion before, why does it never occur to these guys that although they may have had the lucky draw, there could be humans out there with someone terrifying and abusive? Yet, the humans don't mind falling in love and staying with aliens who condone this slavery system. There is never talk of bringing the human back to earth, setting him free, etc. This ultimately takes away my belief that the human could really, and truthfully consent to a relationship.